GCC 2.7/Debian Packages/Non ELF

Hi... I'm having a hard time with this, and maybe some of you can help... :)

The problem is I *NEED* GCC 2.7.x... I can fetch the source code from the
debian unstable source tree, but I'd really like to compile it as a
package in order to be able to install it using dpkg, so dpkg will know
GCC is installed, so it won't barf about dependencies et al.

As I understand it, the best way to do that would be to do "debian.rules
build" in the GCC source tree, and then install the resulting package. Am
I right?

So far, this has been sort of impossible, because I think the GCC source
(from the debian source tree) is configured to compile as ELF, and to use
ELF libraries, and stuff like that. So, I think my question would be what
do I need to change to compile GCC just the way it does using "make stage1
; make stage2 ; ..." (i.e., the "normal" way), but using "debian.rules".
I've been working with the "debian.rules" file to find out where is all
that ELF-stuff defined, but after a while I've got absolutely lost.

Any kind of help would be welcomed :)

-Marcelo
<mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr>