Strange anon-FTP session from ftp.debian.org

Greetings,

  Last night and today when trying to FTP from ftp.debian.org, I have
been getting the following response to my logging in as anonymous with
my email address as a password:

230-
230-Welcome to FTP.DEBIAN.ORG (aka ftp.cps.cmich.edu)
230-
230-You are user #              out of   #      in your class.
230-
230-Hello, [unknown]
230-
230-    We welcome you to our ftp server however we would like you to
use
230-a real name and an e-mail address for your passwd..
230-
230-We will _BAN_ sites that have either wrong mirror information in
the
230-mirror.defaults file or anyone coming in under fake names like
wwwuser,
230-netscape, mosaic.
230-
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.

I suspected that mirror was somehow sending default (and wrong)
information instead of what I told it, but ncftp, ftp, and even telnet
gave the same response...

Is there something wrong with how ftp.debian.org is configured?  Since
it appears that ftp.debian.org doesn't believe that I'm sending my
email address, how concerned should I be about being banned from the
site?

--
     Buddha Buck                   phaedrus@future.dreamscape.com
"She was infatuated with their male prostitutes, whose members were