Re: xdm and other X stuff

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996 tomk@westgac3.dragon.com wrote:

> This question probably ranks in the raw novice class, but....
>   I finally have 'xdm' and Xwindows up and running. How do I access the other
> Xwindows programs? I see Xterm & Xconsole (w/TWM). 8-)

You run them from the shell prompt in the xterm, for example:

xeyes &
xman &
oclock %

You can use xman to look up the names of X clients; they have manual
pages in section 1x of the manual. Most X clients will be stored in
/usr/X11R6/bin; try running some of them and see what happens.

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk