Re: incomplete package installation

Hi Thomas,

just delete the "stale file" /usr/info/dir.lock  and  go on with dpkg.
I had this problem until I discovered the reason after heavy RTFM ;-)

Hope this helps,
regards,
Stoyan

PS: May be install-info  should check for stale locks and behave more
verbouse when things go wrong, e.g. suggesting some manual work-around

--
Stoyan Kenderov                        /
NTG Netzwerk und Telematic GmbH      \/          phone: +49 721 9652 220