Where does one set mesg to y on boot?

Hi

Where is mesg set to  'n' as a boot-up default? Makes talk
virtually useless, at least with our folk. I have looked at all
(most?) of  the boot stuff in /etc and its subdirectories, and
.bash_profile. Didn't find it.

mesg n prevents interruptions, but I prefer a more friendly
environment.

Please excuse this if it is a 'newbie' question, just point to the
manual, and I'll appreciate it.

--David

              LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [345]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | User interface copyrights & software patents make
teague@wcu.edu | programming a dangerous business. Ask me or lpf@uunet.uu.net