Re: Slattach

Leszek Gerwatowski wrote:
> Maybe someone tried to use slattach with leased lines? I tried it for
> many hours without effect. I run slattach, configure interface with
> ifconfig and route, and then i can ping to the other side and i see
> packets on my modem - modem on the other side receives my packets but
> without any response from system. This same thing is from my side (i see
> packets sent by other side but my system makes no response). I'm very
> tired with exercises so if anyone knows what's going on i'll be very
> grateful!!

I'm using something like this:

1.    slattach -p cslip -s 38400 /dev/ttyS2

2.    ifconfig sl0 <ip_addr_local> pointopoint <ip_addr_remote>

3.    route add <ip_addr_remote> sl0

4.    and maybe:  route add default gw <ip_addr_remote>

If you don't use a modem you should also add the -L option (disables
carrier watching).

Peter

--
 Peter Tobias                                EMail:
 Fachhochschule Ostfriesland                 tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de