A CD player for my...

 I'd like to play CD's again.

scsi0 : Pro Audio Spectrum-16 SCSI
scsi : 1 host.
Vendor: NEC       Model: CD-ROM DRIVE:210  Rev: 1.0
Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 01
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, id 1, lun 0
scsi : detected 1 SCSI cdrom total.

 Does anyone know why Workman doesn't?  I have almost no knowledge
about electronics at all at this point; no clue why or what.

 Where can I get xmcd and cda staticly linked to Motif?  I had xmcd
for my old a.out (COFF?) system.  I neglected to make a backup of it,
and now I can't find a precompiled binary.  I've tried compiling it
myself, and it does, but I cannot get it to play a CD.  None of the CD
players I've tried will work.  They don't seem to recognize that there
is a CD in my drive - they just sit there.  I am able to mount a data
CD; it works fine.

 I miss having music while I study.

 Might it be most expediant to just go and upgrade my drive?  Yet the
cost would be prohibitive. . .  I am just a poor boy.

karlheg@teleport.com  -   Linux 1.2.13 ELF   -   Portland, OR  USA