Re: ssh anyone?

On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is anyone working on a ssh package for Debian?
>
> For those who don't know what is ssh: it is a less insecure replacement
> for telnet/rlogin/rsh/rcp, with strong authentication and encryption.
> It is available from ftp://ftp.cs.hut.fi/pub/ssh/.

I've been thinking about doing just that ever since I started using Debian.

Now that ssh-1.2.13 is out and that I've finally gotten my Debian 1.0
system to work decently (had to reinstall X, gcc, libc5, etc.), I probably
should stop thinking and start *doing*...

So if no one's working on a ssh package now, I'm willing to 'debianize' ssh.

   Christian