Multiple IPs for one interface

Hi, I have a question regarding multiple IPs and Debian... does Debian
support IP aliasing (ifconfig eth0 alias some-IP)? Or is there any other
method for doing this? I know there's something called VIF available for
Solaris, I think, but it's a kernel patch.

Any ideas?

For those of you wondering about this, I need to setup a virtual http
server on a machine which already runs a http server (Apache), and I
*need* it to be a different host, but I don't have any hosts available
(physically available), so I need a virtual host.

TIA,

-Marcelo
mmagallo@efis.ucr.ac.cr