ftp server?

Hi,

just noticed my mirror script failing to log in with the mirror password.
Then I checkes ftp.debian.org manually and:

-------------------------------
NOTE: This machine may be going away in the near future (ie Feb 1st 96)
      The service this machine was purchased for is now be moved away
      to another site and this machine will be reclaimed by the department
      for other internal use.

  Please send mail to mbailey@cps.cmich.edu if you feal there is a need for this
  site to stay online for future use. Please place a SUBJECT line of
  FTP SERVER on your mail because I receive 4-500 mail messages a day.

Thanks again it has been a pleasure serving the needs of people on the
internet.

What does this mean to the debian Project?

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wittumstrasse13.76646Bruchsal.de --