Re: libgdbm.so.2 can't be found!

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Matthew D Moss wrote:

> I'm trying to run a program that complains about not being able to
> find 'libgdbm.so.2'. What package does this belong to? I have and
> tried libc, libg++, gdb, ... where is it?

I did:

grep libgdbm. /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list

This told me that I had:

libgdbm.so.1.7.3 in the libdbm package.

This package is located in the devel leaf of the binary tree.

This is obviously not the newer version that your program seems to want.

Ray Dassen <jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl> is the debian maintainer (dpkg -s
libgdbm will tell you this). He may be able to tell you where to find the
newer version, and when that version will be used for the Debian
distribution.

Hope this helps,

Dwarf