Re: pppd problem -- modem *not* disconnecting when connection lost.

Instead of using ping to whatever adresses, ever thought of using

lcp-echo-interval 20
lcp-echo-failure   3

as options to pppd? This is a kind of built-into-pppd ping with the
additional advantage of not creating load if packages are actively
exchanged by real network traffic.

Nils

--
Coming again: Best quotes of the net. Today:          | Nils Rennebarth
Kristian Köhntopp <kris@schulung.netuse.de            | Schillerstr. 61
>>I'd also be interested in the comparison [of Linux] | 37083 Göttingen
>>with a cisco router. I assume a factor of about ten.| ++49-551-71626
>What? faster or slower?                              | http://www.nus.
Cheaper!                                              | pan-net.de/~nils