Re: remote clock sync

> Can someone give me a hint about where to find a remote time server? As I
> never reboot with this darn stable 1.2.13 kernel, my clock gets badly out of
> sync. For what it's worth, I'm in Eastern Ontario, bordering New York state.

In /usr/sbin there is probably the program netdate.  I don't think it
is a full NTP utility, but it's good for getting periodic syncs with a
time base.

The only public time base I know of is tock.unso.navy.mil.  It is the
time server at the US Naval Observatory's Directorate of Time.  It
should be fairly accurate.

If you put "/usr/sbin/netdate tock.usno.navy.mil" in a daily cron file,
or in your network startup scripts (whichever makes the most sense),
then you should have a controllable amount of drift.

--
Buddha Buck
85.5 Albany Street