Re: connection refused to video?

  Kevin M Bealer writes:
  Kevin>  When I run a graphical program under 'su' I get :
  Kevin>
  Kevin> Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: Client is not
  Kevin> authorized to connect to Server Error: Can't open display: :0.0
  Kevin>
  Kevin> what in the zarking fardwarks does this mean?  It's not a major
  Kevin> problem as such, but is there any way to give myself access to my
  Kevin> own screen?

Unix is a multi-user environment. A user "kevin" could be someone else than
"root". When "kevin" runs X11, "kevin" owns the display. Noone, not even root is
allowed to play with it.

You can change that by allowing your own host to display on your own
host. Ie, if your hostname is "zaphod", then add
	xhost +zaphod
to your ~/.xsession file.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd