Has anyone had this happen before?

hi,

I have installed X Windows and my mouse has a mind of its own.  X
starts fine but when i move my mouse it zips across the screen at an
incrediable Mach 5 at least.  I have a microsoft compatable mouse
and my graphics card is a Diamond Stealth 64 SE and the server that i
am using is S3.  I can install Linux universe by unifix and
everything works o.k.  I have even tried using the exact same
XF86Config file from linux universe and and the mouse does the same
thing.  Any suggestions?

Tracy Phillips
rbstorie@cc.memphis.edu
"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix.
I do not think that is a coincidence."