Re: 0.93R6: pppd gives "block on freelist isn't free" system errors

Thanks, everyone, for the  fix for Xyplex ppp dialups. Our Xyplex software
is newer than the 5.3 mentioned in the PPP-HOWTO, so I am using
"vj-max-slots 3" instead of "-vj".

Interestingly, I didn't have this problem using the ppp supplied with
an earlier version of Slackware (Dec '94 InfoMagic). I'm not quite
sure what version it was, but it worked. I did have random hangups. I
am still getting irregular hangups, but I'm not sure if that's the
dialup server's problem or ppp's problem.

It's not good this problem causes kernel errors. The ppp
implementation should be more robust against bad server implementations.

Dan Halbert