Cron error: setuid.today: No such file

Everyday, I get the following message mailed to me:

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 95 06:43 MST
From: Cron Daemon <root@blue.intele.net>
To: root@blue.intele.net
Subject: Cron <root@blue> run-parts /etc/cron.daily

diff: /var/log/setuid.today: No such file or directory

I believe the program that causes this is '/usr/sbin/checksecurity'.  It
tries to compare a nonexistent 'setuid.today' file with another file.  I
assume the 'setuid.today' file is supposed to contain an entry for every time
the 'su' command is called.  Is this correct?  If so, what do I need to do to
add this 'su' logging as it is not on by default?  Also, the 'checksecurity'
program should be changed in the distribution so that it first checks to see
if the 'setuid.today' file exists before it tries to call 'cmp' since I am
assuming that, even when this logging is turned on, 'setuid.today' would only
exist for days that 'su' was called.

Gerry
gerry@blue.intele.net