Re: NFS: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

> Hi,
> I have the latest version of debian of all the networking components
> I am trying to mount NFS file system
> when I type:
> mount -t nfs host:/u3 /mnt
> I get:
> mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered
>
> Both kernels (host and client supports nfs)
>
> How can I fix this problem?
> Any help in debugging the problem will be appreciated
>
> -Thanks
> Oz Dror

NFS relys on the a few daeons to be running.  Firstly make sure that your
/etc/exports file is correct (man exports for help).  Then make sure that you
add a line in the /etc/hosts.allow or whatever that you allow the address you
wish to mount - ie:

portmap: ALL@123.45.6.7

It must be IP addresses, names wont work.

Then make sure the rpc.mountd and rpc.nfsd daemons are running - and possibly
run them at boot time by editing /etc/init.d/netstd_misc (I think) and
uncommenting the nfsd and mountd.  Then try mounting - it should work.

...Karl

--
 |                         PO Box 828   Office: (09)316-3036 Fax: (09)381-3909
 |OWER INTERNET SERVICES   Canning Bridge   After Hours:  015-779-828
                           WA, 6153     Sales Support: sales@tower.com.au
Internet Service Providers
 and Networking Solutions