/dev/audio & /dev/dsp permissions

What permissions exactly are /dev/audio and /dev/dsp supposed to have?
On my freshly installed R6 system, after I recompiled the kernel I had
crw-rw----, is that what it supposed to be?  Don't "others" need rw
permissions?
Its too late, and I'll test it tomorrow, but mirrormagic game tells me
it can't open sound device, so that is why I am asking this.
TYI,

Gleb

PS After just installing debian system, I want to say that
installation went wonderfully, and within an hour from starting the
install I had a working system -- GOOD JOB by all developers!
A suggestion: the installation should mention somewhere that it is not a
good idea to hit C-z during configuring packages, I did that trying to
suspend configuration and get to shell, however I was not able to get
back to that dpkg process, had to kill it and restart it.