problem with X11R6...

I have two problems with X installed via debian. I don't know if
they're debian problems or X problems, so I'm asking here.

1) rxvt's scrollbar doesn't work as before. The left and right mouse
   buttons should scroll up and down, but they simply position the
   view area, like the middle button. This doesn't happen with xterm,
   and didn't happen when I was using R5. Is this a problem of the
   compilation of rxvt?

2) IMPORTANT: I can't get Compose to work. I set RightAlt    Compose
   in the keyboard section of XF86Config to no avail. Also the default
   compose, ScrollLock, doesn't work. Did I miss something?

Carlos