Re: "fax view"

  b c writes:
  Brian>  I'm trying to get efax to work and when I did an "fax view <file>",
  Brian> I got the error "/usr/bin/fax: xloadimage: command not found".

When one installs the efax package, it shows a message warning you that you
will have to adapt the "fax" script it to your local setting.

For previewing, you have the choices between 'xv' and 'xloadimage'. The
former is debianized, but only available from the non-free section. The
latter is, AFAIK, not debianized.

  Brian> Failing this, is there a way to change the default program efax runs
  Brian> to display a fax?

You can use "fax" to print a fax. There the choice is between pcl or ps
format, again to be set up in /usr/bin/fax. If you choose the postscipt
format, you can of course print into a file which you can subsequently view
with ghostview.

--
Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca         http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd/