Re: Installation problem using Pacific CD

> If I boot from the boot floppy I get 'cat: virtual memory exhausted'
> and the system dies.

That sounds like a bad floppy to me. 4MB should work fine.

> It gives a message like "this is disk 0 of 0 of set basedisk
> 1440..." and I can get no further.

That's a bad floppy for sure. It's reading part of the header correctly,
and part incorrectly.

I have changed the boot floppies since Pacific mastered their CD, and
I suggest that you download the disk images in
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/debian-0.93/disks, write 5 new floppies
from those, and proceed with the installation.

P.S. Is there anyone here from Pacific Hightech providing customer
support for their CD?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
See Pixar's "Toy Story", at a theater near you starting November 22.
"Toy Story" Toys and Soundtrack Album are available now!