DHCP -- can anyone help?

Thanks to Mr. Bao Chau Ha, I now have my /dev/eth0 being recognized, but
alas, still cannot get to my local tcp/ip network.  I can ping myself, and
my loopback device, but not anything else.  The problem is that our tcp/ip
system has been changed to use DHCP now, so I don't think my old static IP
addresses for myself and the gateway are valid anymore.  Does anyone know
how I can set up my system to make use of DHCP?  I'm not sure exactly how
it works because windoze95 tends to hide things from you -- all I do for it
is click a DHCP radio button in the tcp/ip setup; so I'm pretty ignorant on
what it's actually doing.  I do know (I think) that there's a DHCP server
somewhere that dynamically assigns IP addresses to it's clients -- I'm
assuming that's the way it works anyway.  Anyone have any ideas?

Matt Hamilton			Compaq Portable PC Division
713-518-3422			Ext 8-3422
Chasewood1 C1456	MC 560401
Internet address: Matt_Hamilton@Bangate.Compaq.Com
"You know, there's an awful lot of people in this world who confuse
breathing in and out with *living*"