Re: Can't make rxvt pay attention to resources.

  Rob Browning writes:
  Rob>  I was trying to set some X resources for rxvt in my .Xresources file,
  Rob> but I have been unsuccessful so far.  Rxvt ignores them.  I tried
  Rob> every combination I could think of.  Using FvwmIdent it looked like
  Rob> rxvt would just read XTerm settings, but it doesn't.  I tried
  Rob> RXvt*foreground, Rxvt*foreground, rxvt*foreground, *rxvt*foreground,
  Rob> etc.

You do call xrdb in your X startup files, right? This works for me:

rxvt*foreground: black
rxvt*background: gray80
rxvt*font: -b&h-lucidatypewriter-medium-r-normal-sans-14-0-0-0-m-0-*-1
rxvt*geometry: 80x49+0+0

The problem I have is that X application seem to want stuff from .Xdefaults
whereas others prefer .Xresources. So I put a softlink from one .Xresources
to .Xdefaults.

Hope this helps,

--
Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca          http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd