Debian TeXinfo

Dear Debian User,

The texinfo.tex file that comes with Debian seems to have a bug in
it. I'm not sure if this is a Debian specific or texinfo (GNU) problem
but older version of texinfo.tex seem to work fine.

In particular, the @example environments come out in the printed
manual with too much interline spacing. If a line in an @example
environment begins with a space (as it typically would since this
environment is often used for indented extracts of programs), that
line is reproduced in the printed manual with a preceding blank
line. This gives such environments double-sacing when it is not
wanted. I have replaced the Debian version of texinfo.tex with an
older version and the problem has disappeared.

   | Alvin Birdi                    Email: alvin.birdi@man.ac.uk |
   | School of Economic Studies     Tel: 0161 275-4791           |
   | University of Manchester       Fax: 0161 275-4812           |
   | Manchester M13 9PL  UK                                      |