debian-bugs questions

I was checking our debian mirror today because we are short on space, and
we won't be able to mirror the debian-1.0 directory for a while, and I
realized that Mirror (Perl Mirror, 2.8) wants to transfer most
of the files in debian-bugs, most of them because the file *date* has
changed, even if the text doesn't seem to change. Is there a reason for
this? How do the files get there, I mean, if I know there's a file called
1737.html, will it stay there forever? Also, what does the "-b" (like in
1737-b.html) stand for?

Just curious... this section alone is 18 MB, and it's a waste of
bandwidth to transfer most of it most of the time. Shall I report this
like a bug in mirror? (I got the log with debuggin level ser to 4, that's
pretty huge... arround 2 MB)

-Marcelo