how to install lilo in another disk?

I installed debian on an IDE disk and everything is fine. Now I'm
going to change the boot disk, so I must make it bootable. I copied
everything from the old disk to the new, and tried to install lilo on
it. I have this lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda1
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
image=/vmlinuz

Now I want to boot from a SCSI disk, so I changed the above to

boot=/dev/sda
root=/dev/sda1
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
image=/vmlinuz

and ran lilo. When I removed the IDE disk, it tried to boot from the
SCSI one, but I got stuck with LI displayed only.

I'm sure this is something simple, but couldn't find it in the docs :-(

Carlos