Problem installing netstd

I just downloaded the latest netstd and netbase via dftp and tried to install
them.  Here are the error messages:

Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/netstd_init ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/init.d/netstd_nfs ...

Configuration file `/etc/init.d/netstd_misc'
 ==> File on system created by you or by a script.
 ==> File also in package provided by package maintainer.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      Z     : background this process to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** netstd_misc (Y/I/N/O/Z) [default=N] ?
parse error in file /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst at line 11, next 2 tokens "chomp("
parse error in file /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst at line 28, next 2 tokens "DebianNet::"
parse error in file /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst at line 32, next 2 tokens "DebianNet::"
parse error in file /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst at line 34, next 2 tokens "DebianNet::"
parse error in file /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst at line 40, next 2 tokens "DebianNet::"
parse error in file /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst at line 51, next 2 tokens "DebianNet::"
parse error in file /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst at line 55, next 2 tokens ") and"
Execution of /var/lib/dpkg/info/netstd.postinst aborted due to compilation errors.
dpkg: error processing netstd (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 255
 netstd

Netbase seemd to go in ok.  It looks like
I was installing netstd-1.21-1.deb.

Did I do something wrong?

Jim Lynch, Sales Analyst,  Cray Research, Inc. / ARS: K4GVO
Southeast District, Phone: (770) 631-2254, Email: jwl@cray.com
Suite 270, 200 Westpark Drive, Peachtree City, GA 30269