Re: [Q] Boot floppy problems

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Ger Timmens wrote:

> Dear Marc A. Volovic, in a message to me you wrote:"
>
> I got the same problem; I have an Adaptec 1542B and only SCSI devices.
> The boot floppies don't work for me too.
>
> Ger

>From looking at the Debian-bugs mailing list archive, it seems that the
Buslogic probe clashes with the Adaptec probe and vice versa.

I'm fairly experienced with Linux (having installed more than 20 various
systems with wildly varying hardware) nad, were someone to provide me
with a boot floppy that'd allow me to install the thing, I'd be more
than willing to churn out 5-15 boot-floppy images for varying hardware
configurations and do it on a regular basis (say every 5 patch levels).
Luckily, my machine is fast enough to allow me this craziness.

With respect,

Marc
marc@leonardo.ls.huji.ac.il