Re: Network HELP!

> I am trying, through either seyon or minicom,
> to call a system through which I have internet
> access. In order to do it I must relay through a
> system on which I do not have internet access.
>
> Is this possible? If so, how??

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  Does your provider have dial-in
modems?  When you call your provider, does your modem not connect, does it
connect and you get no transmissions?  How do you relay through a system
which you are not allowed to access?

My guess is that your internet-provider's modem and your modem aren't
connecting.  Talk to your provider, see what kind of modems they're using.
If memory serves, part of the 14.4 kbps hand-shake protocol tells 2400 baud
modems to hang up.  This is unfortunate, but it happens.  Pull out your
modem manual.  Play with the settings dealing with protocols and connecting.
Newer modems have several built-in configurations.  Usually, one of these
will work.

--
				- John Larkin
				- jlarkin@hmc.edu