Re: FTP Installation & Package Naming Conventions

(received this by mail and thought I'd pass it along to everybody)

>> How about another field in "Packages-Master" called "Filename: ..."?
>
>IMO No not an extra field. Conform ourselves to the name-version-revision
>scheme. Can't that be done. I don't get it.

Let me clarify...  Nobody has to write an extra field!  The program that
generates the "Packages-Master" file would prepend the filename to the
description _in_that_file_only!

I'd prefer to standardize the filename, but I don't think people are willing
to do that.

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )