Re: psdatabase file in /boot

>What is the psdatabase file in /boot for? I
>accidentily erased it tonight and was
>wondering if this will cause my kernel not
>to boot? If I need it where could I find a
>or make a new copy of this file from??

It is used by ps(1) for the WCHAN field, which gives the kernel
function where the process in question is sleeping.  You can update it
by using psupdate(8).

To my knowledge, it is not used by anything else.

Guys: Why is psupdate's man page header "FREE(8)"?  And why are top(1)
and utmp(5) listed in the "See also" section?  And why do they call them
"apartments" when they're so close together?

--
http://www.wp.com/joelh --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu

Fourth law of computing:
  Anything that can go wro
.signature: segmentation violation -- core dumped