Gold CDs all gone

Everyone who has ordered a Gold CD up to now will get one, but I have
shut down the order form and will accept no more orders for them via
web or postmarked or left on voice-mail later than today.

With Pacific Hightech producing an economical Debian 0.93 CD, and FSF
and another manufacturer soon to make their own Debian offerings, it
makes little sense for me to continue producing a small run of
CD-writables. About 50 have been shipped, and there are 20 or so yet to
go.

I am planning to go to a "silver" (normal) CD in January. This will
contain 0.93 and 1.0, along with "Linux for Hams", and will cost $30,
with a substantial kick-back to the Debian project. These will be produced
in 1000 lots, not the few tens a week that I am currently capable of.
Everyone who bought a gold CD will get a free upgrade to that silver CD
or a later release, as they choose.

I have learned a lot in these past few weeks about operating a
business. Now, I need to devote the time to supporting what I've
already sold, improving Debian, finishing my office automation, and
building the product for the silver CD.

	Many Thanks

	Bruce Perens
--