Anyone fluent in ppp debug info/logs?

Hi,
This is not a debian-specific question, but I've been having no success
getting help in deciphering ppp debug logs. I have both log and kernel
debug info from some ppp sessions that I desperately need to decipher,
because I've been having some problems with ppp time-out and very slow
connections (this is for inbound users, not my own outbound connection).

Can someone help me out? (I wont post any of the debug output here yet,
as it's a LOT of data... but if someone would be kind enough to lend a
hand, I can forward the data).

Thanks in advance for any help!
Ricardo