Re: single-user mode isn't?

> Am I misunderstanding how the single-user run level (1) is supposed to
> work under Sys V init?

The way you describe is certainly the way Unix has worked for most of my
15-year involvement with it. I'd prefer to see single-user be the mode
in which init starts up the shell and does not run _any_ scripts. The
more recent definition means a single-user system with all daemons and
networking enabled.

To make "init" work the old way, given some argument (perhaps a different
name from "single"), would not be difficult.

	Bruce