Re: [Q] Boot floppy problem

Dear Marc A. Volovic, in a message to me you wrote:"
!
!
!
!Hello,
!
!  I am meeting a marked lack of success booting Debian 0.93 boot floopy
!on my machine. The very same floppy warks flawlessly on other machines,
!so the problem is with my hardware. Can anyone please suggest a mod to
!the hardware in order to allow the boot to go through?
!
!Hardware in question:
!
!	586-100 Micronics P54Hi-02 ISA/PCI Triton
!	Phoenix BIOS
!	64MB
!	ATI Mach64
!	AHA1542CF
!	CFP 1080S (Conner)
!	LPS 540S (Quantum)
!	L 365S (Quantum)
!	L 365S (Quantum)
!	WangDAT 3200
!	Pioneer DRM-600
!	Generic drek monitor
!
!This same hardware is running Linux (Slackware 2.3, gradual upgrades
!through all Slackware versions) and had FreeBSD installed on it without
!a single problem. For some reason, the boot floppy fails to boot beyond
!the LDLINUX.SYS (or similar, this from memory) which informs me that
!it needs to have the boot floppy replaced since boot failed. Other
!machines (DX/50, DX2/66, SX/25 - of various makes) boot to the Debian
!boot prompt without a hitch.
!
!The MAJOR difference between my machine and others, except for the CPU,
!is the fact that I have _NO_ IDE devices at all.
!

I got the same problem; I have an Adaptec 1542B and only SCSI devices.
The boot floppies don't work for me too.

    Ger

--
     ____/                Ger Timmens, AZU E 02.222, Heidelberglaan 100,
    /       ___/  _ \    3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands.