MTA problem

Dale Scheetz writes:

>On 28 Oct 1995, Kai Henningsen wrote:
>
>.

These lines containing a single dot did confuse popclient as well as smail
(after I saved the message at the maildrop and got it using ftp).

I remember there was an RFC that said something about these lines, but I don't
have them at hand to tell which program violates the protocol.

As a quick measure, please don't send the character sequences
	"\n.\r\n" or "\n.\n"

Charles, this seems to be the cause for the duplicate messages you saw, had the same
effect over here.

-- Siggy (the middle S.)