re:post-release package update policy

>Because, Behan, some of us do not yet have either a Debian system or a big
>pipe onto the internet to get one!

I don't see why that should stop you (it didn't stop me).
Consider the following:
- I used dftp with my old Slackware system to get the original debian packages.
- I used a 14.4k modem to do it.

You don't need an existing debian system nor a "big pipe onto the internet"
to do what I'm doing.  You just need a little patience.

I'd also like to add that I can name at least 5 other people that have/are
doing the same thing as me (i.e. starting from either a DOS or Slackware
system, and continuously upgrading with dftp over a 14.4k line) with no
complaints. (And some of them are keeping 2 debian boxes up to date using
this same method.)

Considering the above, IMHO the only people served by a fixed release are
CD vendors.

Behan Webster

Behan Webster                  | The opinions expressed above are mine and |
behanw@bnr.ca                  | in no way reflect those of BNR or N@RTEL. |