Re: fvwm can't parse colors!

On Tue, 24 Oct 1995, Weiping Hu wrote:

> fvwm keeps complaining about "not able to parse color white, Black,
> etc", what should I do?  I'm trying fvwm1.24.  fvwm will start and
> run, but I can't read the popup menus and winlist, because they both
> absolutely black!  I'm using debian 0.93R6.  Please help!

Ah, one I _can_ handle.  You should have a file "rgb.txt" in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt -- I did a recent install, and it was part of
that package, so its likely the file was accidentally overwritten or
munged.  That is where the color conversion from text to rgb code comes
from.  Check protection, existence, etc.

If your copy is missing, you can get a copy of mine from
ftp://altair.stmarys-ca.edu/pub/rgb.txt (or
http://altair.stmarys-ca.edu/pub/rgb.txt).

--woody

Robert Weaver                         office: 510-631-4416
Department of Mathematical Sciences     home: 510-595-9451
St. Mary's College of California         fax: 510-376-4027
Moraga, CA 94575