Buslogic Controller on Debian Install

Hello!

I am a long time Linux user (slakware) and am in the process of my first Debian install! Unfortunately I am off to a rocky start. When the boot disk is in the process of starting up it hangs on the Buslogic SCSI sequence. The error message is "lost interrupt discovered on interrupt 11" and various datum about HBA's and other scsi integrals. I tried all the different configurations I could think of on the Buslogic board to no avail. The unit functions a-ok under MS-DONT. Is this a Debian thing? or a Linux thing in general?

Ean Schuessler