Re: top and no stdin

Erick Branderhorst writes:
>Package: procps
>Version: 0.97-4
>Running top as a regular user says
>top: stdin is not there
>: permission denied

I can't reproduce that error my systems. (I'm always logged in as a regular user)

bora:~$ dpkg --list source modules procps
||/ Name         Version   Rev  Description
ii  source          1.2.13 4    Linux kernel source.
ii  modules          1.2.8 1    Linux module utilities.
ii  procps            0.97 4    The /proc file system utilities.

Just guessing: maybe top reuses stdin on /proc ? I didn't look into the sources

-- Siggy (the middle S.)