Re: dpkg Selective Install

>> For example, on a minimal system we maintain, it would be nice to _not_
>> install the "info" files, and maybe even omit some man pages.
>
>No, but this is on the wishlist.  (Not installing `info' files
>wouldn't work terribly well, because the postinst script would
>probably bomb out in the call to install-info.)

I was thinking about this...  How about just altering "install-info" a
bit so that if, on install, the "dir" file does not exist, then it removes
the info files it was about to install.  On de-install, if "dir" did not
exist then it would just exit.

Telling "dpkg" not to install info files would be as simple as:

	rm -f /usr/info/dir

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )