dftp

I pulled down the 'dftp' program, and noticed at least one minor flaw -
it doesn't handle having more than one version of a package around very well.
for instance, I had an old copy of dpkg-0.93-70 haning around as well
as the more recent dpkg-0.93-77, and in the 'select' process it didnt realize
that I already had v...77 and asked me if I wanted to update to it.

Also, why is it preferred to --unpack things and not --install them?

 --Zachary