- To: Matthew Bailey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: debian-user@Pixar.com
- Subject: Re: PLEASE!!!!
- From: Weiping Hu <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 10:58:53 +1000 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.SOL.3.91.950929105444.24580C-100000@phobos>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.SUN.3.91.950928203823.11044A-100000@cps199>
My apology. I've been doing this for the last hour. One thing I didn't
realize is that this is not a dedicated ftp server. I'm already
downloading in tar format. Is there a way to down load a directory
directly, without even tarring?
Thanks to Matthew for your kindness in letting us to download from your
On Thu, 28 Sep 1995, Matthew Bailey wrote:
> All of the users out there retrieving the distribution that are getting
> it via a tar file from my PERSONAL MACHINE!!! FTP.DEBIAN.ORG!!! PLEASE
> PLEASE PLEASE don't get it with a .gz extension due to the fact only a
> handful of files are not gziped and they total less that a meg!
> Please be considerate to me and my machine.... Thanks
> Matthew S. Bailey
Weiping Hu School of Engineering and Technology
firstname.lastname@example.org Phone (052)27 2828 Fax (052)27 2167