smail paniclog suggestion

I'm not sure whether to report this as a bug

bora:~$ dpkg --status smail | egrep 'Package|Version|Revision|Maintainer'
Package: smail
Maintainer: Ian Jackson <iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Version: 3.1.29.1
Revision: 13

After recovering from a hardware failure while fetching mail from my pop3
server, I had a hard time to figure out that popclient probably did not
delete the failed message, I have no proof though.

When logging a serious error in paniclog, smail uses its internally generated
message id for identification, this id doesn't occur anywhere else, so it was
completely useless in this situation.

Including the orig-id - which is listed for successfully received messages in
logfile - would make it a lot easier to check whether mail has been lost.

I'm no smail guru and don't have enough time to look into the smail docs now.
As a workaround I'll setup procmail on my upstream account to log incoming
message ids, no need for cooperation from the postmaster.

Greetings
-- Siggy