Re: hello-1.3

On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, Bill Hogan wrote:
> Package: hello-1.3-4.tar.gz & hello-1.3-4.diff.gz
> Problem: this diff file does not appear to me to apply to this source
> file.

You're right --- it doesn't.  However, if you get the original source
package for hello v. 1.3 from prep.ai.mit.edu (or a mirror), and then
apply that diff, and then type './debian.rules binary', you will end up
with a hello-1.3-4.deb file, just as if you had untarred the tar file you
mention above and done the same thing.

Mike.
--
"Cigarettes, ice cream, figurines of the Virgin Mary."