Upgrading to Debian

I'm looking for volunteers to write brief documentation on (1) how to
upgrade to Debian from Slackware; and (2) how to upgrade to Debian
from MS-DOS.

Both of these documents should describe the process in fair detail so
a novice user can perform the upgrade successfully and with a
reasonable amount of confidence that they know what they're doing.

For example, the Slackware document might explain the basic ideas
behind Debian in terms that Slackware users would understand; and the
MS-DOS document might explain how to resize an existing partition, how
to use MS-DOS fdisk, what files to backup and what can be reinstalled
from distribution media.

If you're interested in doing this, please contact me.  This is an
ideal project for someone who has just upgraded to Debian from either
of these systems and wants to help.