Re: Pine and Term type...

On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> I'm currently running kernel version 1.2.13 Rev 2. When I try to run pine on
> the PPP connection I get the error: Terminal type "linux", is unknown.
> This sounds somewhat familiar. (Just recently in this mail list)
> Any ideas? Pine will not run, naturaly.

When this sort of thing happens, I usually do:
  setenv TERM vt100
or
  export TERM=vt100
depending on whether I'm using tcsh or bash as my shell.

This seems to do the trick.

I'm sure that there's a better way to do this -- I assume that
applications should recognize the "linux" terminal type.  I'll look into
this the next time I update the pine package.

I hope this helps you...

Ted Hajek -=- Distributed Computing Services -=- University of Minnesota
"That summer fields grew high and we had wildflower fever." - 10,000 Maniacs