TERM entries

I just upgraded my kernel to 1.2.13 by installing the source
package. Previously, with kernel 1.2.8(I think) all was working fine,
with the kernel reporting a TERM type of 'linux' when booting...

Now when I boot all my console shells report a term type of 'dumb',
but if I look in main.c under the linux source tree I can clearly see
that the default term is set to 'linux'...

What has happened and how do I fix it...?

Thanks for the help...

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student
kaszeta@me.umn.edu			Dept of Mechanical Engineering