Re: Modem Configuration Again!

Dale Scheetz:
   worse than that I am in a real mess now. I installed image-1.2.13-0.deb and
   modules-1.2.8-1.deb. I updated /etc/lilo.conf with an images line that
   points to /boot/vlinuz-1.2.13 and ran lilo. Lilo seemed to recognize the new
   boot image but the next time I booted (from a boot disk) it still booted up
   the old image and could not find any modules (so no msdos drives get
   mounted, and no ppp or scsi). Do I have to make a new boot disk?

Yes, or boot up without a boot disk.

lilo is typically a way of controlling the way your hard disk boots up
-- you probably didn't use it to change your boot floppy.

--
Raul